Redfern Legal
Call now
Call now
We are dedicated to ensuring that our clients receive personal attention and that we deliver relevant and practical advice tailored to your personal or business needs. Whether you are an investor, individual or business owner needing immigration, commercial, employment or other advice, we are able to provide you with expert assistance. We concentrate on adding value by looking for ways to reduce risk and capitalise on opportunity.

Relationships are vital to us at Redfern Legal. We're committed to understanding and building long-term relationships with our clients, and working alongside you as your business grows. We will listen to your needs, help grow your business and guide you through the UK's ever-changing legal landscape. Our aim is to take the stress out of the legal process by offering pragmatic, straightforward and personalised advice with the aim of achieving excellent results.

We provide help to achieve your commercial and personal objectives without unnecessary legalese. Redfern Legal is a business law firm based in Central London.

read more › Redfern Legal is a business law firm based in the hustle and bustle of Covent Garden in London's West End. We started in 2007 in Lincoln's Inn Fields and moved to our current surroundings in 2013. We advise businesses at every stage of their life cycle, from conception to start-up, to growth and expansion, to exit or winding-up. We also advise individuals on their interaction with the businesses with which they work. We offer a friendly, professional service focused on our clients' needs and tailored to their objectives.

read more › We understand that coming to work in the UK can be extremely complex, whether you are an employer or an employee. The family requirements for a non UK citizen to come and live in the UK are also becoming more complex. Our Business and Family Immigration services are designed to take care of all the formalities associated with immigration to and settlement in the UK. We are forward thinking in our approach and have a dynamic attitude when dealing with complex immigration issues, whether at a company, family or individual level.

read more › If you are an international traveller from most countries outside the European Union and you wish to travel to the UK for business only (rather than work), then you must first obtain a Business Visitor Visa. Coming to the UK for "business" covers a range of activities, including conducting site visits; signing contracts; and attending meetings and conferences. It is imperative that your activity falls within the remit of "business" otherwise your visa will be refused. Visitors from countries such as the United States and Canada are called 'Non-Visa Nationals' and do not require a Business Visitor Visa.

read more › Are you looking to "dip your toe in the water" and establish a UK subsidiary or branch of a parent company?. You should be coming to the UK to establish a wholly owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK for an overseas parent company and establish a commercial presence. The company must have no other branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK. The visa is for an initial period of three years. There is an option to extend it for another two years, if the criteria are satisfied. After five years, the individual may be eligible for settlement, provided the criteria are fulfilled.

read more › Would you like to set up a business in the UK? The Start Up and Innovator Visas allow entry to those setting up or taking over and being actively involved in the running of a business in the UK. Both visas require the applicant to have a minimum amount of funding for maintenance in the UK before the application is submitted. These visa routes have led to a reduction in the number of visas granted compared to the number granted under the old Tier 1 Entrepreneur route. Please contact us to speak to our specialist immigration advisors to avoid unnecessary expenses and ensure your Tier 1 Start Up or Innovator Visa has the best chance of success.

read more › The Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa route was established for individuals who wanted to invest in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of one or more businesses in the country. Amongst other requirements, a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) switch needs the applicant to have access to at least 50,000 from an approved third party funder. The money must be disposable in the UK business. A Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is initially granted for up to three years and four months.

read more › Would you like to invest in the UK? The Tier 1 Investor Visa allows high net worth individuals to make a significant investment in the UK. It is not linked to employment in the UK. You must achieve a minimum number of points based on your ability to invest 2million in the UK. In order to complete your Tier 1 Investor Visa application, we will perform a detailed assessment of your circumstances. As part of the pre-application process, we will ensure that you prepare the correct documents in support of your application.

read more › Are you looking to sponsor an overseas person to work for you in the UK? Employers need a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence if they intend to fill a gap in the workforce by hiring people from outside the UK in vacant roles which must be genuine. An attempt must have been made to recruit locally. Once a sponsor licence is obtained, a certificate of sponsorship must be applied for and then issued to the intended visa applicant. The sponsor rules have been made simpler. We will manage the entire Tier 2 process for you, from applying for the licence itself to assisting with immigration audits, managing the online sponsor management system and assisting the individuals with their visa applications.

read more › You can apply for a document to prove your right to live in the UK if you are a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland. Registration Certificate if you are exercising Treaty rights in the UK. There is the option to apply in person at a premium service centre. Your Registration Certificate will be valid for 5 years, after which you may be eligible to apply for a permanent residence document. After 5 -years as a Qualified Person in the UK you can apply for Settled Status.

read more › You can apply for a European Economic Area (EEA) family permit to come to the UK if you are from outside the EEA or the family member or 'extended' family member of an EEA national. Brexit has not affected these rules for the time being. A new Scheme has been introduced called the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). As a result, the EUSS family permit operates alongside the EEA family permit. Information on this is below. The EEA citizen you are joining must either be in the UK already or be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application.

read more › The Tier 5 route allows non-UK/EEA nationals to come to the UK to carry out temporary work or to undertake internship/work experience. There are a number of sub-categories under the Tier 5 route, such as the Youth Mobility Scheme, the Government Authorised Exchange visa and the Creative and Sporting visa. To apply you must pass a points-based assessment. The Youth Mobility Scheme allows individuals from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea and Taiwan to enter the UK for up to 2 years to travel, study or work.

read more › You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) (equivalent to the US Green Card) in the UK if you have been lawfully residing in the UK for an uninterrupted period of 5 years and depending on the type of visa you have been on. Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the UK. Applicants must also have been in the UK for more than 183 days in each year of the 5 years. Once you have been granted ILR, you must not spend 2 years or more outside of the UK, as this can lead to ILR being revoked.

read more › If you are in the UK, you will be told in your application refusal letter if you can ask for the decision on your visa application to be reviewed. This is known as an 'administrative review'. You can ask for your application to be reviewed if your application was refused or your application was granted but you are unhappy with the amount or conditions of your leave. If your application was refused, you must apply for an administrative review within 14 days of getting the decision. Your refusal letter will tell you how to apply.

read more › Corporate and commercial law affects businesses on a daily basis from start-up to exit or winding-up. It incorporates everything from commercial contracts to corporate transactions, company matters to employment law, intellectual property to data protection. We are experienced in a wide range of transactions involving the buying and selling of companies, businesses and assets, mergers, investments and corporate finance including private equity, joint ventures, restructuring and reorganisations.

read more › Business-to-business contracts cover any contract between one business and another. Our team can draft, review and negotiate any English law contract, domestic or cross-border, to put you in the best possible position. We can advise you on the legal considerations with more than a sprinkle of commerciality so that you understand what really matters and how it can affect your relationship with the other party. We will endeavour to limit your potential liability and improve your ability to take action and enforce the contract if it becomes necessary.

read more › Where your intellectual property is not protectable by registration or by right, but lies in the value of certain information or trade secrets, secrecy is paramount to protect its value. Once disclosed, there may be little you can do to recover the situation and remedies may be unobtainable or insufficient to cover your losses. Confidential information might include, for example, formulae, recipes, processes, business methods, customer data and lists, financial or statistical information, inventions prior to patent registration or business plans.

read more › When starting up, choice of business structure is important in terms of liability, tax and corporate governance. We can advise you on the most appropriate structure and assist with incorporation of the entity. We will, where required, prepare and put in place bespoke documentation to govern the operation of the entity and protect the parties' interests, such as articles of association and shareholder, LLP and Partnership Agreements. Our Company Secretarial team handles initial and on-going compliance with the Companies Act 2006.

read more › We can advise you on the most appropriate structure to operate your business or for any other purpose, whether private or public limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership (LLP), subsidiary or permanent establishment. We can do all the necessary to incorporate or form that entity or branch. We can prepare bespoke articles of association to reflect how the company will be managed and draft a shareholders' agreement to govern the relationships between the shareholders, including the necessary powers for majority shareholders and protections for minority shareholders, each with particular attention to your requirements.

read more › Articles of association are the main constitutional document of a company which set out the basic management and administrative structure of the company. They regulate its internal affairs and are a public document which may be obtained from Companies House. Whilst there are "Model Articles" which companies may adopt as their own, these will often be adapted in accordance with the shareholders' requirements. Our experienced company lawyers can advise shareholders on the areas in which the Companies Act 2006 permits flexibility and draft articles to protect their interests and govern how the directors operate their company.

Review Redfern Legal

Be the first to review Redfern Legal.

Write a Review

We recommend