Call now
Call now
McGill Grace McGill and the team have moved to Burness Paull and continue to provide their market-leading immigration law services. McGill & Co is now closed for business. McGill & Co is a Scottish law firm specialising in UK immigration, nationality and refugee law, with offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh. We have a dedicated and experienced team of immigration law practitioners who understand the uncertainty, frustrations, and rigours associated with UK immigration law and policy.

We have an established reputation for providing pragmatic, innovative and cost-effective solutions. Our experience covers all aspects of UK business immigration law, personal immigration law and policy. We pride ourselves on an in-depth technical knowledge covering all UK immigration law topics, and on exceptional client service.

read more › McGill & Co is a specialist UK immigration law firm based in Glasgow and Edinburgh and serving clients throughout the UK and abroad. We have an established reputation for expertly handling the most complex, novel and labour-intense immigration cases with efficiency and skill. Although we are not a large firm, our expertise, dedication and skill allow us to tackle even the most challenging work. Most of our solicitors are 'home-grown', having completed their legal traineeships with the firm and subsequently been retained by the firm.

read more › McGill & Co have practical experience of both categories. We have developed significant expertise supporting investors and entrepreneurs throughout the visa process, from initial acquisition of the visa, to advising on UK business activities and successfully acquiring settlement. We have in-depth knowledge of the policy and law, including frequent liaison with the UK Home Office policy team on contentious matters and have achieved critical results for our clients in challenging cases.

read more › The Business Immigration team at McGill & Co have been serving local, national and global businesses with expertise and efficiency for a number of years. We are a niche immigration practice. We focus on strategic thinking and a comprehensive approach to business immigration matters. Our expert solicitors are all members of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association, regulated by the Law Society of Scotland and ranked by Legal 500. All of our lawyers are commercially minded and know how vital tackling your immigration issues are to the functioning of your business.

read more › As a major global economy, the UK attracts millions of business visitors every year. The UK Immigration Rules allow visitors to undertake specific business-related activities. Depending on the visitor's nationality and the reason for the visit, it may be necessary to seek a visa (aka entry clearance) before travel. In some cases, visitors may seek entry on arrival to the UK granted by an Immigration Officer or by entering through an e-gate. Such visitors are still subject to the visit visa rules (even though they have not applied for a visa prior to travel).

read more › The UK Government promotes three main immigration categories for individuals wishing to come to the UK for investment or to run a business: the Tier 1 (Investor) visa, the Start-up visa (formerly Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), and the Innovator visa (formerly Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). We are highly adept at securing the appropriate visa for our clients wishing to do business in the UK. This category caters for high net worth individuals who are making a substantial financial investment in the UK.

read more › If you require advice or assistance with issues relating to sponsoring overseas talent, we can help. We have developed a particular specialism and comprehensive service for employers looking to sponsor overseas talent and can ensure the process is as straightforward and stress-free as possible. To discuss your specific needs in relation to sponsoring overseas talent, contact our experts today. Employers wishing to engage workers from overseas must obtain a Sponsorship Licence from the Home Office.

read more › If you need advice or assistance with family and personal migration, our expert solicitors are ready to assist you. We routinely handle a large volume of family and personal immigration cases. Whilst most are straightforward, we can handle even the most complex circumstances. Our solicitors will listen to the details of your situation and inform you of your options clearly and concisely. We will advise you on what is likely to be the most successful course of action, and take you through the entire process, keeping you informed and answering any questions you have along the way.

read more › Many people visit the UK to see the sights, to visit family, to study a short educational course, or even to get married here. Many also visit for business. Depending on the visitor's nationality and the reason for the visit, it may be necessary to seek entry clearance before travel. In some cases, visitors may seek entry on arrival to the UK granted by an Immigration Officer. The lawyers at McGill & Co are highly experienced in securing the necessary clearance to allow travel and providing advice to visitors due to seek entry on arrival.

read more › The Points Based System provide strict rules for workers and students. While the system brings a degree of predictability, with that comes a very unforgiving approach by decision makers. The solicitors at McGill & Co know from experience that successfully resolving visa applications under these categories or assisting clients who have received adverse decisions requires a keen eye for the rules and precise technical knowledge. We have a high degree of success in resolving applications for workers and students, primarily because we know the importance of the rules to these cases and the need to be precise in our approach.

read more › During this 'grace period' EEA citizens already living in the UK could continue to rely on their EU free movement rights. What do I do? You should apply for status under the EU Settlement Scheme as soon as possible. You must apply for settled status before your re-settled status expires. If you fail to apply for settled status, you will lose your right to live and work in the UK. You must also keep your contact details and passport details up to date with the Home Office. However, as an employer, you do not need to re-check the status of existing employees i.e.

read more › We pride ourselves on our technical knowledge, striving to provide creative and innovation solutions, and to exhaustively consider all aspects of Business Immigration and Personal Immigration law when assisting our clients. Our solicitors work with a number of complex areas often outside the norm, including maritime immigration law, posted workers and 'van der elst' visas, the illegal working penalty regime, foreign Doctor registration with the NHS under the Medical Act 1983, the right of abode and UK ancestry, and intra-country adoptions, to name a few.

read more › Family migration involves bringing family members of UK citizens and settled person to the UK. This means obtaining a visa for your spouse, fianc(e), civil partner or cohabiting partner. Of course, it is not simply partners who form the family unit. Family applications can also be submitted for non-British children, intercountry adoptions, bereaved spouses, and parents. The rules and policy dictate which family members are permitted to migrate to the UK, whether it is necessary for the sponsoring family member to show a particular financial position, and how long a family member must remain in the UK subject to immigration control before they can acquire permanent residence.

read more › You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you are the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch, or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company. This factsheet summarises the requirements for this type of visa and the evidence required. There are various visas for doing business in the UK. This factsheet covers: the start-up and innovator visa, for people who would like to establish their own business in the UK; the sole representative of an overseas business visa, for those who would like to expand their overseas business in to the UK; the investor visa, for those looking to invest money in to a UK company; and the intra company transfer visa for which may be appropriate where there has been a cross border merger or acquisition.

Review McGill

Be the first to review McGill.

Write a Review

We recommend