CSL Law Solicitors
Call now
Call now
CSL Law Solicitors We give sympathetic, personal advice, tailored to your individual circumstances, empowering you to decide how to proceed. Our team are approachable, organised, enthusiastic and offer a very high standard of service. Our clients are treated with a high degree of professionalism and a large proportion of our work is repeat business or through recommendations from existing clients.

We provide both legal and practical solutions to the broad spectrum of issues that arise on divorce, relationship break down or child arrangements. We're here to help answer your questions. Legal matters can be complicated, we are here to help you through any challenging situations you may be facing.

read more › Clive is the head of the firm and specialises in Family Law. Clive is a member of Resolution (formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association) and was admitted as a Solicitor in 1997. He excels in all aspects of divorce with particular emphasis on the resolution of financial matters arising from separation. He is also a specialist in relation to children matters including contact and residence. Away from work, his interests include travel, cycling, walking, Formula 1 racing (as a spectator!) and European history.

read more › It is vitally important to resolve the finances on divorce or dissolution. You will need to consider both your immediate and longer-term needs for yourself and any children of the relationship. The court has wide powers when it comes to deciding how the finances are divided on divorce and dissolution, and no case is the same. The law sets out the matters which need to be taken into account when resolving the finances, and the court must balance these factors. However, the court only needs to become involved should you not be able to resolve the financial matters by agreement.

read more › When relationships break down, one of the issues which you will need to sort out is the amount of financial support the parent with whom your children live will receive from the other parent. It is possible for you to reach an agreement on the level of child maintenance that is paid in which case no one else needs to become involved. However, if it is not possible to reach an agreement then either parent can apply to the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) which was formally known as the Child Support Agency for a child maintenance assessment.

read more › A crucial aspect of divorce involves separating joint assets and finances, including decisions about whether one partner will continue to live in the family home after divorce - or whether the home will be sold and the profits from the sale shared between the couple and any other family members who might have a share in the property. A key aspect of resolving financial matters on divorce or dissolution is financial disclosure so that you are fully informed of the financial situation and you can make an informed decision when addressing your finances.

read more › The financial aspects of a Judicial Separation are similar to divorce, but Judicial Separation does not have the same effect on pensions as divorce. This is because at the end of the Judicial Separation process, the parties are still married. Often, the biggest disadvantage to pursuing a Judicial Separate as opposed to a divorce is that you will not be able to obtain a Pension Sharing Order in the context of a Judicial Separation. Specialist advice should always be sought upon separating from your spouse, including advice regarding the benefits and disadvantages of pursuing either divorce or Judicial Separation, depending on your circumstances.

read more › Unfortunately, Court Orders are not always complied with. Our team of experts can provide you with advice as to the most appropriate and effective means of enforcement to ensure that you receive what you are supposed to. We can provide advice as to the options available to you, which include attachment to earnings, third party debt orders, charging orders over property and judgment summons. As always, each case is different therefore we will work with you to ensure that the method of enforcement you pursue is correct for your circumstances and then we will expertly put the chosen method of enforcement into effect for you.

read more › Parents can often find it very difficult to make decisions regarding the arrangements for their children after separation. We can help you try and resolve these difficulties by agreement. However, if an agreement is not possible, it may be necessary to make an application to Court. Here at CSL Law we have extensive experience in advising separating parents on all of the issues that can arise in relation to their children. We handle these stressful and emotional situations with sensitivity and promptness, and we ensure that the advice we give is both in your and your child's best interests.

read more › Special Guardianship is an order made by the Family Court that places a child or young person to live with someone other than their parent(s) on a long-term basis. A Special Guardianship order seeks to secure the long-term placement of a child or young person with another and provide the Special Guardian with Parental Responsibility. The Special Guardian will also assist the child or young person in maintaining ties with their birth parents. Parental Responsibility will allow the Special Guardian to make the necessary day-to-day decisions in respect to the child or young person to the exclusion of all others with Parental responsibility, save for another Special Guardian.

read more › Families are becoming increasingly international, therefore on separation from your partner, where the children will live has become an ever more difficult choice and can be particularly contentious. On family breakdown, you or your former partner may wish to move away with your children to live in another country. In order to move away with your children, you generally need the permission of everyone who has parental responsibility. However, if they don't consent you can apply to court for permission.

read more › When families separate, you may be unable to agree which parent your children should live with. Whilst ideally this situation would be resolved through negotiation without involving the court, either you or your former partner can make an application to Court for custody of your children. If you cannot agree how often your children will see the parent who is not living with your children, otherwise known as access, then that parent can also apply to Court for access to your children. If you have parental responsibility this means you are entitled to have a say on important decisions affecting your child's upbringing, for example in relation to medical issues, education, religion or change of your child's surname.

read more › As a grandparent, you may find that strained relationships with your own children or divorce may affect the time you get to spend with your grandchildren. Whilst grandparents do not have automatic rights to spend time with their grandchildren, the Courts understand and recognise the importance of these relationships and therefore are unlikely to prevent a grandparent from spending time with their grandchildren unless there are good reasons to justify this. If you cannot reach an agreement with your grandchildren's parents, then you can apply to the Court for permission to make an application for a Child Arrangements Order.

read more › Family breakdown is one of the most difficult and stressful events that many people go through. We can provide you with advice and guidance through the process with an experienced family solicitor who you can trust. We will offer practical, sensitive and cost effective advice and endeavour to minimise the conflict and acrimony which may arise. Our experienced team is here to provide you with advice tailored to your personal situation. We advise on divorce and separation for both married and unmarried couples and families.

read more › Relationship breakdown can be emotional and confusing. The decision to divorce or separate can be difficult and is not one that should be taken lightly. You may not know which way to turn and we can help advise you on the options available to you. The basis for divorce is that your relationship has irretrievably broken down, and should you have reached this decision we can advise you on whether you have the grounds for divorce, the law and the process. You may be the Respondent in the divorce and not know where to turn when you receive the divorce papers.

read more › Same sex couples have the same issues as heterosexual couples, whether they live together, are in a civil partnership, or married. We are able to advise you on any issues that arise with your relationship, be it at the start or on relationship breakdown, as well as any issues specific to same-sex relationships. We will provide you with tailored, individual, practical advice on breakdown of relationship, be it on property matters where you own a property together, dissolution of civil partnership or divorce.

read more › Many marriages can have an international element to them. Perhaps you were married abroad, lived abroad during your marriage, or perhaps you or your spouse are now living abroad or have properties abroad. There are unique issues that arise on relationship breakdown if you are part of an international family with connections abroad, and we can advise you of the legal and practical implications of those issues. One of the issues that often arises when there is an international element to your marriage is where the divorce should occur.

read more › We offer other services in the family arena that may not be in the context of divorce or children arrangements. These include agreements at the start of your relationships that can regulate how your assets would be divided in the event of your relationship breaking down, or how the finances will work during the relationship itself. We can advise you in circumstances where you need protection from an abusive partner or former partner and the legal options available to you. We're here to help answer your questions.

read more › A cohabitation, or living together agreement, allows you to establish the responsibilities of each party and what rights they have. They can be particularly useful if a property is being purchased in one person's name only. It can include the shares of the property, how rent/mortgage should be paid, how bills can be split, and what happens to the property on relationship breakdown. It can also be useful if there are children of the relationship as it can address what will happen to the children in the event of relationship breakdown.

read more › There are many reasons why you might want to change your name. You can change it through marriage or civil partnership, you can change it following a divorce via a deed poll, or you can change it simply because you want to be known by another name. Although you can change your name yourself, you might find it useful to have the services of a solicitor. We can provide you with expert advice of the legal process for changing your name so that you can avoid potential pitfalls in the process. Our specialist legal team are available to guide you through your queries and challenges.

Review CSL Law Solicitors

Be the first to review CSL Law Solicitors.

Write a Review

We recommend