Ashfield Solicitors
Call now
Call now
Ashfield Solicitors Ashfield Solicitors is a top-ranked leading immigration specialist law firm based in South Kensington, London. We have extensive experience and an unrivalled reputation providing advice and assistance to clients from around the world in all aspects of UK immigration & Nationality law.

We pride ourselves on the quality and speed of our services and offer an effective legal service, tailored to the precise needs of each client, giving focused and decisive advice on both the technical and practical aspects of immigration law and policy.

We provide strategic guidance on all available immigration options and the best courses of action for each client and undertake the broadest range of immigration work and guide clients and their families through the full immigration process relating to any UK Visa entry clearance applications, further leave & Indefinite leave to remain in the UK, applications for Spouse, Civil Partnership, Marriage, fianc, child, dependant, Sole Representative of an overseas business, settlement, Long Residency, Human Rights, regularisation of overstayers, bail, Discretionary Leave, Visitor Visa, Domestic Worker, EEA Free Movement, (EEA Family Permit, EEA Residence Card, EEA Permanent Residence, EEA settled status, EEA pre-settled status) British Nationality, British Passport, PBS applications, (T2 Migrant, Inter-company Transfer) immigration Appeals and Judicial Reviews.

read more › Making an application to the relevant authorities can be very stressful. The rules and regulations of U.K immigration & Nationality law are complex and difficult to understand for the layperson. We understand that choosing a lawyer is not an easy decision. You need to be sure that the firm you choose to work with is competent and able to deal with all of your queries. If you are applying for the first time, or have been refused U.K visa in the past and you are seeking an experienced U.K immigration solicitor, then we can provide you with a high level of service based on our specialist experience of UK immigration and Nationality law in making applications to the Home Office and British Embassy or High Commissions overseas.

read more › The overseas spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK may be able to apply to remain with or join them in the UK. You need to provide evidence that your marriage or your civil partnership is recognised in the UK. If you are a fianc(e) or a proposed civil partner you must demonstrate that you intend to get married or enter into a civil partnership within six months of arriving in the UK. The main requirement for unmarried partners, is that they have been living with their sponsor in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application.

read more › Once a migrant meets certain criteria, including a minimum period of residence and good character requirements, he/she may apply to naturalise as a British citizen. If you are at least 18 years old and have been granted indefinite leave to remain or have acquired a right of permanent residence in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for British Citizenship by Naturalisation. In certain situations, adults and children may be able to acquire British citizenship by 'registration'. If you do not qualify for British citizenship automatically, you may be eligible to apply for Registration as a British citizen, either by way of an entitlement or on a discretionary basis.

read more › If you are an EU citizen residing in the UK, you can apply to register under the EU Settlement Scheme for pre-settled or settled status. Evidencing your rights as an EU citizen, be that under the EU Settlement Scheme or otherwise, may not be easy and, in some cases, extensive evidence is required. We are specialists in cases involving EU citizens and their family members, and also Non-EEA nationals, who are family members of/ married to EEA nationals. Until the transition period ends, as an EU citizen you may live and work in the UK if you are exercising your rights under EU law as a worker, a self-employed individual, a self-sufficient person or a student.

read more › If you are a British citizen and you are currently living abroad and would like to bring your child with you to the UK, or you are already in the UK with limited or indefinite leave to remain and wish for your children to join you, there are provisions in the UK Immigration Rules to enable you to do so on the basis of their relationship to you as a 'dependent child'. One of the requirements for entrance to the UK as a child of a parent, is that the applicant must show that the parent inviting the child has sole responsibility for the child's upbringing.

read more › The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa category is for those who want to establish a branch or subsidiary of their overseas headquartered firm / business in the UK. Non-European Economic Area (EEA)/non-Swiss national employees of overseas businesses may apply for immigration permission to enter the UK as either a sole representative of an overseas business or an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation. We can assist with all stages of the transfer to the UK, from the initial planning of the transfer to the UK by your sole representative, to preparing the necessary supporting documentation to support the application and ultimately assisting with the filing of the visa application abroad.

read more › An overstayer is somebody who has remained in the UK beyond the period of their visa or leave to remain in UK. For example, a person comes to the UK on a six-month visitor visa but for whatever reasons he/she remains in the UK after the six-month period, or a student or any other migrant remains in UK beyond their leave, then he/she becomes an overstayer. Any applicant who is applying for leave to remain must not have remained in the UK after the expiry of their original grant of leave, on the date of their application.

read more › The protection of the European Convention on Human Rights extends to every person within the United Kingdom and also to those under the authority and control of the UK immigration authorities. Under the Human Rights Act 1998 it is unlawful for any public authority, including the Home Office (UK Visas & Immigration) and its immigration officers to act in a way that is inconsistent with the rights set out within the European Convention on Human Rights. In certain circumstances, you may be able to apply for leave to remain in the United Kingdom on the basis that requiring you to leave would breach your human rights.

read more › We regularly assist individuals with complex UK immigration histories and those who may have been refused visit visas in the past. Whether you need to visit the UK for a temporary purpose, including for tourism, leisure, business, private medical treatment, marriage, transit, and permitted paid engagements we have considerable experience in helping individuals make successful visa applications. If you are an individual looking to visit the UK and are struggling with the application process, we can help simplify the process and assist you in preparing a strong application.

read more › It is essential that those affected by negative Home Office decisions take advice about their position as soon as possible as the timeframes for lodging appeals or administrative reviews is limited. We can advise you on potential grounds of appeal, assist with lodging an appeal, help you to gather relevant evidence for your appeal, draft legal arguments in support of your appeal and represent you at your immigration appeal hearing. Receiving a negative decision on an immigration application can be devastating for all those affected.

read more › It is essential that those affected by negative Home Office decisions take advice about their position as soon as possible, as the timeframes for lodging judicial review applications challenging unlawful Home Office decisions is limited. Judicial Review is a form of court proceeding in which a Judge will review the lawfulness of a decision, action or omission made by a public body and it is an option that can only be used if there is no other alternative remedy. It may be appropriate to judicially review a Home Office decision if you believe that the Home Office has acted either unlawfully, irrationally or unfairly when making their decision.

read more › Obtaining indefinite leave to remain (ILR) is an essential step for anyone seeking to make the UK their permanent home. The qualifying period for applicants who make an application on the basis of family life, i.e.spouse, unmarried partner and EEA family member is five years. Migrants in eligible immigration categories may apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) (i.e. to settle in the UK) once they satisfy certain conditions, including meeting a period of continuous residence in the UK, demonstrating sufficient knowledge of the English language, passing the Life in the UK Test, and other route-specific requirements.

read more › Visas for domestic workers in private households enable individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to apply for permission to visit the UK with their employers so they may continue working in their domestic capacity. Domestic workers can include cleaners, cooks, chauffeurs, personal caregivers and nannies. Individuals under this category are not permitted to bring dependant relatives with them to the UK, and they may not effectively live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent, repeated visits.

read more › If your current circumstances do not allow you to apply under any of the categories within the Immigration Rules, it is possible to make an application outside of these rules. We assist clients in cases where no workable solution appears to exist under the current Immigration Rules and identify potential areas of law that can be challenged. We will submit the best-prepared application possible in your circumstances, thereby giving you the greatest chance of success. Our solicitors are experienced at obtaining discretionary approval for challenging applications, for example in cases where a migrant might have overstayed or does not technically meet the requirements.

read more › If you have a child who is a British citizen or who has settled status in the UK, there are provisions in the UK Immigration Rules which enable you to apply to join your child in the UK.The child must be under 18 and the applicant must have sole or shared parental responsibility. You must be able to financially support yourself and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. From the planning stage through to the arrival of their relatives in the UK, we are able to assist with applications from beginning to end and we help clients navigate the complex application process.

read more › The Family Member of a PBS Migrant visa category is for partners and children of points-based system migrants to enter and remain in the UK with their family member. To apply for this category, you must be related to a PBS migrant as either their husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same sex partner or child (under the age of 18 at first application).If your application for a Family Member of a PBS Migrant visa is successful, you will generally be granted leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant's leave.

read more › Once a migrant has lived in the UK continuously and lawfully for ten years, he/she may apply to settle in the UK on this basis. According to the Home Office policy, individuals cannot be absent from the UK for any period in excess of six months at once or 540 days in total. This said, we have experience in successfully asking the Home Office to exercise discretion over excess absences arising in compassionate circumstances. The 20-year rule on long residence is contained in paragraphs 276ADE(i) and (iii) of the Immigration Rules.

read more › Tier 2 (General) enables licensed employers to sponsor nationals from outside the EEA and Switzerland for skilled positions that cannot be filled from within the resident labour workforce. The Tier 2 General visa category is for individuals who have an offer for a skilled job in the UK from a licensed Tier 2 Sponsor. This category includes applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations. You will need to have an offer of employment before applying for a visa. Your Sponsor will need to show that there is no suitable settled worker to fill the role.

read more › The Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa category is for existing employees of multinational employers who need to be transferred to their UK branch for training purposes or to fill a specific vacancy. You will need to have an offer of employment in the UK from a licensed Tier 2 Sponsor before applying for a visa and the overseas employer must be linked by common ownership or control to the UK branch. There are currently two open sub-categories of the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa: Long-term Staff and Graduate Trainee.

Review Ashfield Solicitors

Be the first to review Ashfield Solicitors.

Write a Review

We recommend